Tuesday, July 7, 2009

JULY...

I can’t believe how fast this summer is flying by. Pretty soon fall will be here and the girls will begin soccer. Yes, soccer!!! I’m so excited about getting them into this sport because it was the one sport that I really enjoyed playing when I was a kid. I have to admit that I am just as excited about seeing them in a little soccer uniform, as I am about them getting out on that soccer field.

I have been a little lazy with the camera lately, so not many pictures to post. We have been enjoying the summer, the girls love to run through the sprinklers and I love watching them do it. They get out sidewalk chalk and get it wet, rub it on their bodies and then go clean it off in the sprinkler. I like to see that they are creative with their playing, it brings back memories of some of the weird things my siblings and I used to come up with.

I went to Dallas Market a couple of weekends ago with my mom. We go every year and this year was extra special because my Aunt Karen and my Cousin Amanda met us in Dallas. They are opening a Shop this fall in Kansas City, so they took advantage of the opportunity to join us for some fun as well as to get some ideas and make some contacts for their store. We had so much fun on this girl’s weekend and I’m so glad that they were able to make the trip.


A good reason to travel with your camera….

After a busy weekend of shopping in Dallas my mom, aunt, cousin, and I headed to the airport to catch our flights home. My mom was flying a different airline, so she went to a different terminal. My aunt and cousin decided to sit with me until my flight left because their flight was not scheduled to leave for a few more hours. The flight that was boarding before mine was headed to LA. All three of us were pretty tired, and just sitting there people watching and making small talk. I made the comment that the only famous person I have ever seen is Gary Busey. Then my aunt joked about these teenage boys that were boarding the plane being the Jonas Brothers. The area started to clear out quite a bit and they were calling up people that were on standby when all of a sudden this guy walks up to the counter with a very distinctive nose and my cousin jokes, “Look, It’s Owen Wilson.” We all kind of laugh, and he turns around and I say (probably a little too loud) “Oh my gosh, it is Owen Wilson.” He quickly walked off, and I told my Aunt and Cousin that I wanted a picture when he comes back by. I left my camera at home, my cousin’s camera was out of commission, but my Aunt had the trusty cell phone. He came back around walking toward the gate to have his ticket scanned. He was wearing a hat and had his head down, trying his hardest not to be recognized. He had been sitting behind us the whole time, and I’m sure he was just thinking, “Oh, I hope these women don’t blow my cover!” So, I couldn’t bring myself to go running up him acting like a super fan. My Aunt did get a picture of him handing over his ticket, but he is so far off that it just looks like some guy in a hat boarding the plane. The people working behind the ticket counter confirmed that it was him, because as soon as he started to walk through to get on the plane they looked at us and were just as star struck as we were. They were asking if we got a picture and the girl that took his ticket was a little red in the face. I wish that I had brought my camera, but then again I’m sure that he appreciates that I was not able to go all paparazzi on him.

That’s your free pass Owen!!! On our next run in I’m going to ask that you revert back to your character as Hansel from Zoolander for a little photo shoot....


Last week was a short week, the girls spent time at Janet’s and then at my mom and dad’s because their summer babysitter was on vacation. They were pretty much gone from Tuesday to Friday. Stuart and I were glad to have some time together, but we were sure glad to get them back on Friday afternoon.


The Forth of July…


We didn’t do much for the forth. I took the girl’s downtown on Saturday morning for a kid’s craft festival. It started to poor while we were down there so Stuart came to rescue us so we didn’t have to walk back to my car in the rain. We headed back to the house for a lazy afternoon. Around 5 the weather had cleared up and it was a beautiful evening. We went to a firecracker stand to pick up a few things to light off, and then headed back to the house. One of our friends John and his little girl Kaylee came over for the evening. It was so nice because his little girl is the same age as Molly and Taylor and they all got along great. The girls had a good time riding their bikes, running thought the sprinklers, eating corn on the cob and cheesy brauts and then staying up late to watch the fireworks. Our neighborhood put on quite the show, so it was nice to just sit out on our own lawn and not have to go anywhere.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe you didn't have your camera to get his pic!!! Good story to tell though! :)
And ya-we should've gotten together for the 4th!