Do you remember the silly (sometimes naughty) names that you would make up as a kid? I was debating on even putting this post on here because I am in denial that my kids would ever say or do crude things. Then I decided that these are the funny memories that I want to remember when the girls are older and that is why I started this blog. Please do not be offended by some of the words in this post. My girls are only 3 ½ and don’t really even know what they are saying.
The name calling started off a few months ago with “Tooty Pants” and then they moved onto “Tooty Head,” but last weekend I think a line was crossed.
Like I said, lately a popular name in our house is, “Tooty Head,” followed by the sweet laughter of my two little girls. It’s so hard to be the parent in this situation, and NOT bust out laughing yourself. So, this past weekend while at Chick-Fil-A, Molly and Taylor were playing in the play area and were acting really hyper. Molly starts climbing up the stairs and says, “Come on Taylor,” and Taylor says while giggling, “Ok, Pooter-Nut.”
Pooter-Nut??? Where she came up with this, I don’t know. I swear Stuart and I do not call each other, “Pooter-Nut.” Ok, maybe we do now, but never in front of the girls...ha! When I was on the phone with my mom a little while later to tell her what she said, I could hardly breathe because I was in tears laughing at this point. I try not to react too much by the name calling and will calmly suggest other silly names to get them away from these not so nice names. I guess it could always be worse. I won’t even tell you what my brothers and sisters and I used to call each other growing up!
The Scale
14 years ago

5 comments:
That is too funny. I wish that the boys would settle on names like this instead of what I hear them saying sometimes!
Haha!! I love it!! Your girlies are getting too funny these days. Don't be a pooter-nut and spoil their fun...ha!!
REally, i was expecting much worse than pooter-nut...that's a funny one!!
Ok, I can't stop laughing at your posts!!! This is too funny!!!
Just read your comment, are you kidding me....I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE THE GRANDKIDS PICS!!! That is a great idea for your parents. They will cherish that forever!!! So lets do it around fall when the leaves change...sound good to you?
Thanks for two laughs in a row!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment