Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chucky Cheese

Last Sunday I took the girls to Chucky Cheese. We met Stuart’s sister Aimee and her little boy Reggie there. I’m not a fan of Chucky Cheese, but I remember how much I loved it when I was little. Back then it was called Showbiz Pizza. It is so different now, they don’t have the characters playing in a band on stage anymore…it’s just Chucky and some movies on flat screens putting on the show. They don’t have the disgusting germ pits…I mean ball pits anymore. They have a tunnel that the kids can crawl through with a slide. They do however still have the same unappetizing pizzas!

We started out with the kids playing on the little rides and in the tunnel while we waited for our pizza. They told us our pizza should be out in 10 minutes when we first walked in, so after 45 minutes and still no pizza I went to see what was going on. I had not eaten all day, and the girls only had a pop tart for breakfast (It was almost 2 o’clock by now). Stuart’s sister is pregnant, and I believe she started to have that I NEED TO EAT feeling. I talked to the manager the second time I went up to the counter (1 hour later) to ask for a full refund, they were really nice and refunded the money and had our pizza out in “10 minutes.” At this point we had already used up the coins for the kids, and were ready to sit down and eat. So, it turned out to be a free afternoon…which was nice. Also, I was so hungry at this point that the pizza did not taste all that bad!
Riding the Pony...
Taylor
Reggie

Molly
Aimee and Reggie

The vibration of this machine messes with their ears...
The kids of course had a wonderful time, which makes trips like this worth it!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sometimes we go so Jason can play pinball!

Lindsay said...

We took Mason last year on his birthday & besides Mason running out of control once he got tired, it actually was not that bad. Of course it hadn't been open very long in Benton Co, so it hadn't had much time to get really skanky yet! :) And we all loved the pizza-it was really good then.
I can't believe how long you had to wait for your food! Glad you got it for free!