Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2014

Wow…what a nice long holiday.  I took a little over a week off for Christmas this year to spend with the family.  It was such a great break!  

I started off the Christmas break the Thursday before Christmas by going to the girls Christmas musical at school.

Here is the best picture I could get of the group.  It was a really cute preformance!

 

Stuart and I went to the girl’s school for their Christmas Party’s the next day.  Their classrooms are across the hall from each other so we did a little tag teaming so that we could both spend some time in both classrooms.  The party’s were so well organized (I was impressed), and they seemed to have a lot of fun. 
Molly making a Christmas craft...
 
Taylor playing a marshmallow pickup game...

 
When they got out of school we took them down to the ice skating rink, which was closed for a private party, so we just walked around downtown…it was a cold afternoon and a great start to our Christmas break. 
I love playing tourist in our own townJ
 



 
Saturday we headed to Nana JJ’s house for our first Christmas celebration.  She made some really good snacks/food for us to munch on while we played Christmas Bingo.  She had wrapped several little gifts to give away as prizes which included everything from Barbie makeup to Duck Tape. 

Sunday we made a trip to visit Stuart’s Mamaw that is in a nearby nursing home because she is getting to old and fragile to make it to anymore family get-togethers.  She was glad to see us, but really laid on the guilt trip about not coming to visit her often enough.  It’s always hard to see how difficult everyday tasks are getting for herL.  After our visit we went to Stuart’s dads for lunch and to exchange gifts. 
 Here is a picture of Molly and Taylor with Stuart's sisters children...these kiddo's are getting so big!  I love how Molly and Taylor love their cousins.  They have a special realationship with each one of them and are always so excited to get to see them!

 
Monday night we spent our 3rd Christmas with Stuart’s mom, his sister and her family and his brother and his family.  We all came in our pajama’s and made it sort of a traditional pot luck dinner.  After dinner we opened gifts and played a few rounds of the Ellen DeGeneres’s heads up game.  If you have not downloaded this game already you should!  What a funny game to play with the kids. 

Tuesday was Christmas Eve and we spent the day at home.  Made some Christmas cookies and then went to church around 6.  This was the first year that the girls were not in the Christmas pageant at church and while it was always cute to see them dressed up as angels, it was nice going to a mass that was not so packed. 






Experiencing the thrill of Christmas through your kids is so much fun!!!  Stuart and I even had trouble going to sleep the night before because we were so excited for them to wake up and open their gifts on Christmas morning. 
Stockings stuffed....
 
and the presents organized under the tree…I'm too excited to sleep!!!

 
It was an American Girl Christmas in our house this year!  I think I was just as excited (or maybe even more excited)for them to open these dolls.  I remember when I was about their age I got my American Girl Doll ‘Kirstin’….Molly and Taylor were so amazed to hear that AG was in existence way back then.  I have always loved these dolls, and I have looked forward for them to hit the right age to get into them. 
After careful review of the AG magazine, they decided on asking for Kit and Sage...
 
We went to my parent’s house on Christmas afternoon where we got together with my sibling’s, nieces and nephews.  We had a great time, ate a great dinner prepared by my parents, and opened gifts.  I think we all hit the point of exhaustion that night as we could barely make it through another Christmas move. 

I love Christmas and I especially enjoy the time that we get to spend with our families this time of year, but I have to say that I’m ready for things to go back to “normal.”  My decorations are put away, my house is clean, and I’m ready for 2014! 

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: