This was the year that we decided to finally break this tradition. I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about this. I was excited to make our own Christmas memories with just our family, but I was also kind of sad that we would not be with my whole family on Christmas morning. I also felt a little bad about it because I knew that it made my mom a little sad. In the end I’m really glad that we did this. It was so great to get to see the girls really get into Santa coming to our house. And, when I talked to my mom she even said that it was actually kind of nice to have a quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning at their house with just her and my dad in anticipation of what the afternoon was to bring with seventeen people in their house!
Christmas Eve day we made Christmas cookies for Santa. Molly and Taylor were able to sport their elf aprons and hats twice this year!
Taylor
Molly
Taylor and her ginger bread house...

And, Molly and her ginger bread house....

We went to the Children’s Mass on Christmas Eve and Stuart’s mom decided to joined us. Molly and Taylor made their acting debut as Angel’s in the Christmas pageant.
Stuart's mom (Nana) with my little Angels...
After church we headed home and ate Chili and watched some Christmas movies. Stuart’s mom hung out with us for the evening but left around 8 p.m. because something happened in our house that night that has NEVER before happened. Molly and Taylor were BEGGING to go to bed. They were so excited for Santa to get there that they just wanted to go to sleep so that it would be morning. Nana tried to read them a Christmas Story, but the attention was just not there, so off to bed they went.
The girls actually slept in until about 8am on Christmas morning. We sang happy birthday to Jesus ate a big breakfast and then opened presents. We had a very relaxing morning and the girls got just about everything they asked for.
This is what my living room looked like while the children were still snug in their beds...

And this is what my living room looked like shortly after they woke.
(That is Taylor playing with her new toys minus a t-shirt. For some reason this has become a common thing for her...she just hangs out in whatever is most comfortable and sometimes that means going shirtless?!?!)

We headed to my parents house later that afternoon and spent the evening with my family. We had a great dinner and opened even more presents.
Here are some random shots of the family...


The kid's table...


The kid's table bumped up to the adult table...17 people total!

My oldest brother Bryan played song's for the kids as they played and danced around the room.
My nephew Thomas...

My nephew Jonah and Molly...

In the words of my Taylor, “This was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!”

No comments:
Post a Comment