These pictures are from our first session...

Taylor carefully "reading" the directions.

Daddy helpying asseble a bat...

At the beginning of December they started building a three piece train. Stuart’s sister and I took her little boy Regi and my girls to the first session of the train assembly by ourselves because Stuart was out of town on a “guys” weekend.
The first few times we went to these workshops I would just depend on copying Stuart as he moved along with whatever project we were doing. So this was the first time that I really had to figure out the directions out on my own. I would get the nail started and then let the girls pound it in. We managed to finish both the girls train piece, I did however at one point need to get a really long nail through the entire piece for them and ended up nailing the whole caboose to the table. One of the dads kindly came to my rescue by prying it out of the table with his pocket knife. At this point I really felt like the “girl” in the hardware store. Oh, I also switched a piece around that would cause the caboose not to connect to the other pieces, and the same man that helped me out looked at me like I was “The girl” in the hardware store and said, “Don’t worry that’s what string is for.” Stuart apparently didn’t agree with his “string fix” and switched around the pieces for me he got home from his weekend away.
The train pieces come with stickers, but I thought they needed the girls special touch, so I let them paint all the pieces once assembled. They finished them up this past weekend and I think they turned out great!
Taylor


These trains just might be my favorite Christmas decoration this year!!!

1 comment:
Those are awesome! I had no idea Lowe's had that program.
The girls' hair is getting long & looks beautiful!
Post a Comment