Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

Last week was the girls Spring Break, so we sent them off to Mimi and Papa’s for a few days. They had a great time, and apparently they were just wonderful for my mom. Now, I’m not saying that I have bad kids, but they will give us a hard time when putting them down for bed and they can be pretty whiny at times. So, why is it that when they go the grandparents house they turn into these perfect angels??? The only explanation I can think of is that God knows that we need the break from time to time so they act on their best behavior so the grandparents will keep offering to take them when we need it!!! I’m not complaining, I just think its kind of crazy how different they can act depending on who is watching them.


Anyway, I met my mom a week from this past Sunday and then met her again on Wednesday night. It was a nice little break for us, but we sure were ready for the girls to come home.


Stuart and I took the girls up to the park for a McDonald’s picnic and to play for a little bit before I met my mom.


A couple of pictures of Molly...

A couple of pictures of Taylor...

While we were up there we ran into my sister and her family, so I got some cute pictures of her kiddo's...

Thomas...

Anna Claire...

Emma...

When I got back to the house on Sunday afternoon, Stuart and I started one of the many projects that is on our “to do list.” We moved into our house about 2.5 years ago with two little ones that were just learning to walk, so our “fixer upper” is a work in progress.


When we moved into our house it had industrial 80’s iron surrounding the stairs, loft and platform. We were really worried that Molly and Taylor would be able to squeeze through the gap’s between the iron, so we took out the iron and built in a half wall around the platform and loft area. We have wanted to paint the rust/mauve iron that goes up the stairs black, so with the girls away we had our chance.


This picture is from when we first moved into the house. Excuse the Toilet paper-roll sitting on the stairs.


And here are the after pictures.

We still need to do a little touching up, but I am really happy with how it turned out.




Thanks Mom for watching the girls for us so we could get this project finished.

I hope everyone had a safe Spring Break!

1 comment:

Shawn Seay said...

Your a girl after my own heart!! Love to see your before and afters!!! Hope we get together soon!!